- MFG: Akitio
- MFG Part#: T2PC-TIA-AKTU
- Shipping: View Rates
- Condition: New
- Availability: Item is shipping in limited quantities from manufacturer.
You must place your order for this item to receive a place in line as these are released.
You will be contacted with an estimated ship date before your credit card is charged.
Top Rated Seller:
- - 5 Star Rating!
"Fast and Amazing"
By: krazybeat$ - posted (40)
Sep 15, 2012 10:38 AM
TweakTown Best Features AwardThe portable Thunderbolt™ 2 PCIe expansion box provides an additional PCIe slot for systems that do not support or have enough available space for expansion cards. The external Thunderbolt 2 connection allows you to daisy-chain up to 5 additional Thunderbolt devices, making this the ideal plug and play companion especially when you have to take your system with you. Replacing the card is a simple matter of removing three hand tightening screws, so no tools are required.
Two Thunderbolt™ 2 ports for lightning fast speeds of up to 20Gb/s
1 PCIe (x16) slot supporting half-length, full-height, double-width cards
4 lane PCI Express 2.0 compliant interface at 5.0Gbps
Removable back panel for double-width cards
Daisy-chain up to 6 Thunderbolt™ devices
Durable and rugged aluminum casing
No tools required for installation
Model No. AKiTiO Thunder2 PCIe Box
T2PC-TIA-AKTU (without PCIe card)
High quality aluminum with metal chassis
1 x PCIe card (see compatibility chart)
Supports half-length, full-height and double-width cards
PCIe (x16) slot provides a maximum of 25W
Does NOT support graphics cards
RAID mode Not applicable
2x Thunderbolt™ 2 ports
1x internal PCIe (x16) slot with 4 lane PCI Express interface
Thunderbolt™ 2 interface up to 20Gbps
System requirements (PC) Not supported
System requirements (Mac)
Mac OS 10.9 or above
Computer with Thunderbolt connector
Operating Temperature: 5°C ~ 35°C
Storage Temperature: -20°C ~ 60°C
Relative Humidity: 5% ~ 95% (non-condensing)
External power adapter (UL, cUL, CE, FCC, BSMI, TUV approved)
Input: AC 100-240V, 50Hz-60Hz
Output: DC +12V/5A
Fan noise level
9.17 inches x 5.87 inches x 2.99 inches
23.3cm x 14.9cm x 7.6cm
AKiTiO Thunder2 PCIe Box
Retail Box Size: 12.4 x 12 x 4.9 in. (31.5 x 30.5 x 12.5 cm)
Carton Size (6pcs per carton): 25.6 x 15.7 x 13.8 in. (65 x 40 x 35 cm)
The maximum real world performance of this Thunderbolt 2 device is 1375MB/s.
This Thunderbolt product is not compatible with Apple's Boot Camp.
PCIe card (driver) must be compatible with requirements for Thunderbolt technology (e.g. hot-plug support, recovery from sleep).
Graphics cards are not supported.
2. Can I Come to Your Store To Pick Up My Order ?
AValive maintains a nationwide shipping warehouse network. The main stocking warehouse for AValive is located in NC . In order to keep prices low and not charge sales tax outside of NC we unfortunately can not have pick-ups at any of our service locations. We can however arrange for next day delivery including Saturday in most cases.
3. How is My Purchased Warrantied?
AValive supports all the products we sell. We have been in business since 1994 and have relationships with all the major vendors and distributors in the Pro AV industry . If you have need warranty assistance email us at email@example.com
4. What is your return policy-Terms and Conditions ?
AValive like many retailers are being forced with open box restocking fees from the manufactures we represent. Therefore we reserve the right to charge 33% in restocking fees and no refund of shipping charges Not All Products qualify for returns including special orders and items any manufacture refuses to take in return. Software can not be returned for any reason nor warranties and training materials. AValive will often assist in a product exchange with in the 14-day period from your transaction if you wrongly ordered such product and need to exchange it for the correct part. No returns can happen with out a RMA number from AValive with in 14 days the product being shipped from us.For Returns, please complete our Return Merchandize Authorization (RMA) Form
AValive Terms & Conditions:
1. By submitting this order for processing, you are agreeing that you have reviewed the order, it is correct, and that you fully intend to purchase the items contained in your shopping cart.
2. All product warranties will be honored by the original manufacturer. Should your product require warranty service or replacement contact the manufacturer immediately. A minimum service fee plus any applicable shipping and handling costs will apply should you desire the assistance of AValive in any warranty claim.
3. Once you have purchased and received the items, they may only be returned after receiving an express written email authorization from AValive. No returns will be accepted unless prior approval is received. Please email customer service regarding your return. Opened software may not be returned under any circumstances.
4. Please be advised that all approved returns will be subject to a 33% restocking fee plus applicable shipping cost. Opened software may not be returned under any circumstances.
5. Opened software may not be returned under any circumstances.
6. AValive/Triangle Visual Interactive makes every effort to ensure that the information on this web site, including but not limited to product pricing, availability, and details, is complete and accurate. However, due to rapidly changing conditions with our suppliers, we cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information contained herein. AValive/Triangle Visual Interactive reserves the right to modify or change any information without prior notice to you, as well as limit the quantity of any product purchased. In the event that an order is placed and information about any item in the order is incorrect, AValive/Triangle Visual Interactive will notify you about the inaccuracy, and will only process the order pending your approval. However, we also reserve the right to refuse or cancel the order at our discretion. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.
5. What Time Is Shipping Cut Off ?
Most orders placed before 3PM EST can be shipped expedited same day using Fed Ex or UPS Express Services. If the product is shipped out of our west coast distribution warehouses. We can often execute the order as late as 4 pm EST. Please note we make every effort to ship ASAP on all orders but certain manufactures require a 1-2 day lead time.
6. When Do You Charge My Card ?
AValive never charges your card until we confirm the product you ordered is shippable or pre-ordered and all costs have been communicated to you. So if you get a message saying shipping not calculated you can be assured that someone from AValive will either email or call you with an exact total before we process your order.
7. When I place my order is my card automatically charged ?
No: AValive processes each order manually to guarantee accuracy and availability . Your card is never charged by an automated cart system.
8. Who Pays Customs Charges and Tarrifs if I Am An International Order ?
It is very important to consider the effects of tariffs, taxes, port handling fees and other miscellaneous customs charges when determining your product's final cost. Depending on your product and country of destination, customs charges will affect the price you the buyer is willing to pay for your product. The importer (buyer) is responsible for paying these charges and Avalive will not be responsible for this .
9. Who Warranties My Product Purchase ?
Please contact the manufacture if the item you receive is defective. The item needs to be returned directly to the manufacture NOT AValive. Simply call the manufacture with your serial # and follow their steps in the warranty process. AValive is not responsible for items shipped to us with out an AValive RMA # and shipping such to us may result in you never seeing the product again.
10. Why does the product price say 'Click for best price'?
Often times manufacturers do not want any price other than MAP or Minimum Advertised Price to be listed in any form of e-commerce or advertising. Because AValive believes in the American Way we feel we should determine what price you pay not someone else. AValive has the legal right to set our own prices independently, but some manufacturers place restrictions on how those prices may be displayed. Because our price on this item is lower than the manufacturer's "minimum advertised price," the manufacturer does not allow us to show you our price until you take further action, such as placing the item in your shopping cart, or in some cases, proceeding to the final checkout stage or emailing. The steps required depend on the details of the manufacturer's minimum advertised price policy. AValive won't require you to purchase the product. You can easily remove it from your cart if you decide not to buy it and no further information is kept.
11. Will I Pay Sales Tax ?
All orders shipped to NC will be charged NC Sales Tax unless you are a reseller which will require a NC Dept Of Revenue Exemption Form to be faxed to us. Almost all other states we ship to will not be charged sales tax with the only exception being some direct ship from warehouses located in the state to which the product s shipped to.
"Fast shipping. Item as described. Great transaction."
Jan 21, 2013 05:50 AM
Mar 22, 2012 05:58 PM
"Great Seller Fast Delivery.....A+++++"
Oct 28, 2011 09:22 PM
"Easy transaction Will buy again!"
Apr 29, 2011 06:21 AM
"Excellent all the way!!"
Aug 14, 2012 12:28 AM
"The Maya 4.5 Complete arrived promptly & looks Great!!!!! Thank you!!!!!"
Jul 25, 2009 11:51 AM
"Very good product very fast priority shipping"
Feb 28, 2012 11:25 PM
"Lightning fast shipping/quality product!! A+++"
Sep 21, 2012 08:03 PM
"As Described!!! Fast Shipping!!!"
Dec 22, 2011 06:16 PM
"Excellent. Very happy."
Nov 15, 2007 11:56 PM
"Quick shipping. Good communication. Smooth transaction. Thanks!!"
Oct 07, 2011 07:32 AM
"Great communication. A pleasure to do business with."
Jul 01, 2011 12:46 AM
"Item as described works. (though i had some trouble resolved by BM support)"
Nov 07, 2012 06:34 PM
Oct 03, 2009 02:42 PM
"item as described fast shipping"
Aug 24, 2011 10:29 PM